- The award amount is prorated according to the number of credit hours taken.
- The maximum award is $325 per semester per student to assist with tuition, registration fees, and/or book supplies at the community college.
- Required, degree specific PASS/FAIL courses are within the guidelines for determining the fee waiver amount.
Configuration of Fee Waiver
|Student Load Hours||Award $|
|3 - 5||81|
|6 - 8||163|
|9 - 11||244|
- Completion of 12 credit hours (100 level or higher, letter grade) from Maricopa Community Colleges with a 3.25 or higher cumulative MCCCD GPA [EXCEPTION: Required, degree specific pass/fail courses.]
- Completion of Honors Program application at the college of choice
- Enrollment in a MCCCD college
- Placement test scores may not be used for fee waiver eligibility
Criteria for Continuation
- Completion of at least 3 hours (100 level and above) of coursework each semester.
- Completion of one Honors course/contract/enrichment plan each semester.
- Maintain a cumulative MCCCD GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Remain in good standing at the college(s)
- If students fall below the required cumulative MCCCD GPA, they may re-apply for the waiver once their GPA has been raised.
- Students who are re-admitted to the Honors Program must meet new requirements that are in effect.
Discretion to seek repayment resides at the college level. There is no district-wide policy to seek return of Honors Fee Waiver (or Presidents' Scholarship) tuition and fees from a student who does not complete the semester for which an award was made. A student WILL lose future eligibility for the Honors Fee Waiver if repayment is not made.