- High Impact Practices
- Foundational Education
- Student Engagement Techniques
- Emerging Trends and Their Impact on Teaching and Learning
- Guided Pathways/Fields of Interest
There are three different formats for presentations at this year’s Convocation:
- Breakout Session: a 60-minute interactive session that is aligned with at least one of the conference tracks.
- Poster Presentation: posters will be presented during the extended lunch session. Poster presentations can align to a conference track or highlight a professional development activity (i.e., sabbatical, horizon grant, research fellowship, recent scholarship, etc.)
- Table-Talk Facilitation: Table-Talk facilitators will lead a discussion with colleagues during the lunch session on a teaching and learning topic of their choice. This is a good option if you have a topic of interest and would like to learn more from your colleagues about this topic.
Because effective teaching meets the needs of a variety of students, we are asking that all presentations embed aspects of diversity and inclusion within each breakout session, poster presentation or table-talk facilitation.
Proposals are due October 18, 2019
Please review the Breakout Session Rubric or the Poster Session/Table-Talk Facilitation Rubric prior to submitting your session proposal. If you are considering submitting a proposal, and are uncertain if your proposed session meets the Convocation expectations, please reach out to MCLI for assistance.