A powerful online professional development program for college instructors
The Maricopa County Community College District and Educational Impact are proud to present Teaching Strategies to Super Charge Your College Classroom. This online professional development program provides faculty members with an understanding of the teaching strategies needed to be a successful college instructor.
Many college instructors are experts in their field, but lack an understanding of the teaching strategies and techniques needed to be successful in a college classroom. This program provides faculty members with a laundry list of researched - based teaching strategies that engage students and improve learning outcomes. Learn how to develop a syllabus, set up a cohesive lesson plan, and choose the right type of assessment.
Hear how active learning strategies can increase student engagement - then watch real college instructors in action as they use these strategies in actual college classrooms. This program will give college faculty the confidence they need to engage students (both face to face and online) and super charge their classroom!
- Hear from real college instructors.
- Gain a basic understanding of adult teaching and learning theory.
- Watch instructors implement techniques in actual college classrooms.
- Obtain helpful hand-outs and web links.
- Motivate students to engage in your subject and relate to the content on a personal level.
- Module 1 - Creating Effective Learning Environments
- Module 2 - Designing an Effective Learning Process
- Module 3 - Building Community Through Active Learning
- Module 4 - Assessment
This online professional development program is available free of charge to Maricopa Community College employees. If you are interested, contact Dr. Rob Morales at the MCLI. Other interested parties, please visit www.educationalimpact.com.