The framework developed for MCCCD adjunct faculty professional development programming will offer three different pathways for completion of five competencies designed to elevate the teaching and learning practice of adjunct faculty in the District.
This framework has been designed as an equitable and organized professional development structure by which adjunct faculty advance through tiers (Adjunct I, II, and III) as required by the Faculty Agreement (Article 10.2.2). The programs have been designed to accommodate the different types of adjunct profiles teaching within the District. There will be three programs to choose from.
How it Works
There are currently three different pathways to meet the five competencies required for tier advancement. The five competencies are:
- Design of Instruction and Classroom Management
- Apply Learning-centered Practices
- Apply Assessments to Inform Teaching and Learning
- Apply Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Practices
- Professional Commitment to the Discipline, College, and District
We encourage you to view the curriculum and the program pathways to learn more about how the programs are structured. Participating in a professional development program requires the following:
- Obtain written support from your department Chair/lead
- Apply for acceptance into a program