How to Join the Maricopa Community Colleges Honors Program
There are two entry points into the Honors Program:
As an President's Honors Scholarship (PHS) -- This scholarship is for incoming, first-year college students who meet the any of the pathways criterion below to receive the scholarship:
Current Honors President's Scholarship Application
The Presidents’ Honors Scholarship covers in-state/in-county tuition up to 15 credit hours (plus the $15 registration fee) per semester, but does not apply to summer sessions. To be eligible, students must enroll at the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) campus of their choice in the academic year (two academic semesters) following high school graduation or equivalency without having attended another accredited college or university before enrolling in a MCCCD campus (co-enrollment, dual enrollment, and summer session excluded)
Eligibility Requirements: Students submitting the President's Honors Scholarship application must be able to show legal presence in the United States and fall under one of the following four pathways to be eligible for the scholarship. In addition, students must be residents of Maricopa County. Students must apply to the program within one academic year (two academic semesters) of graduation from high school, completion of their GED, or receipt of the Grand Canyon Diploma.
The following test scores are required for admittance to the program for any of the pathways listed below:
- At least ENG 101 -- with a minimum WritePlace score of 5 or higher -- at least MAT 120, and a Reading score of 74 or higher,
- Or the requisite coursework to be prepared for placement in ENG 101, MAT 120, or CRE 101,
- Or successful completion of ENG 101, MAT 120, or CRE 101
- Completiion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools), with a final cumullative minimum of 3.0 GPA and placement scores as noted above. OR
- Homeschooled student, with verification from parents, have a final cumulative minimum of 3.0 GPA, and placement test scores as noted above. OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate completed within one academic year and placement test scores as noted above. OR
- Grand Canyon Diploma recipient completed within one academic year of application and placement test scores as noted above.
Honors Academic Achievement Award -- The Honors Academic Achievement (HAA) award is for current Maricopa Community Colleges students who have already completed at least twelve (12) college credits and are maintaining at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA. It will assist with tuition, registration, and/or books. Please inquire with the College Honors Office for the HAA admission process.
Honors Academic Achievement Award Application
For more information about the Maricopa Community Colleges Honors Program, contact Don Jensen-Bobadilla, Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 480.731.8296.