Creating Spaces for Belonging by Naming What We Know
The 2023 Faculty Convocation invites you to think through, wrestle with, and wonder about what it takes to make our tacit disciplinary and industry-related knowledge more explicit and transparent for our students. We will work together to name--for ourselves and for our students--what we know across our fields of interest. Our goal will be to ask together: how do we invite our students into the work of our fields of interest in ways that are accessible and equitable?
The Maricopa Center for Learning and Innovation (MCLI) and Faculty Developers Committee designed this year's program as a space in which to reestablish a sense of community, fellowship, and belonging--not only for ourselves but also for our students.
We emailed all registered participants information on how to participate on Friday, January 6, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. (MST). Some participants provided their personal email addresses in the registration form and we encourage you to see if the information was sent there.
If you did not register for the 2023 Faculty Convocation or you need to change your registration to a different location or virtually, we are not able to accommodate you at this time. This is due to the substantial resources and logistics that had to be set up in advance to support the planned discussions and activities.
FPG Approved 4.75 hours
To receive 4.75 clock hours toward FPG non-academic advancement faculty must:
- Sign in within 15 minutes of the scheduled program start time.
- Sign out at the end of the event.
- Complete the evaluation and assessment by 2:30 pm on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
- Complete and submit for Faculty Professional Growth Non-Academic clock hours
- Adjunct Faculty: an electronic Professional Growth dynamic form within 30 days (adjunct) of the last day of the event
- Residential Faculty: application for Faculty Professional Growth within 90 days (residential) of the event.