- Developing a Growth Mindset to Include Self-Advocacy and Self-Efficacy
- Understanding the Value of Education
- Building Meaningful Connections on Your Campus
- Student Financial Literacy
- Accountability and Professionalism Inside and Outside the Classroom
- Self-care Strategies for Student Success
- Developing a Diversity of Perspectives
- Confirming Your Career and/or Educational Pathway
- Proven Success Strategies and Goal Achievement
- How to Navigate Campus Resources
If you are considering submitting a proposal, please refer to the MCCCD Student Learning Outcomes: First-year Experience handout.
Breakout sessions are 60-minutes in length and are expected to:
- Align to the conference themes and conference tracks,
- Highlight the best practices as implemented within the Colleges and/or District,
- Meet the needs of a cross-functional (faculty, staff, and administrator) audience,
- Encourage meaningful interaction and dialogue among session participants.
- Program Description (75-word limit): If the proposal is accepted, this description will be used in the conference program.
- Conference Alignment (150-word limit)
- Cross-Functional Audience Relevance (100-word limit)
- Interaction and Audience Engagement (100-word limit)
- Presenter Bio (75-word limit): A bio for each presenter is required.
Session presenters must be current faculty, staff, administrators, and/or students within the Maricopa Community Colleges.
Please review the Breakout Session Rubric prior to submitting your session proposal.
If you are considering submitting a proposal, and are uncertain if your proposed session meets the Breakout Session expectations, please reach out to the conference planning committee through MCLI for assistance.
Submit a Proposal Today!
(Requires MEID login)