How do I know how much money is available to me?
- Program funding is divided into two sessions – Session One: July 1 through December 31 (summer II, fall, and winter semesters) and Session Two: January 1 through June 30 (spring and summer I semesters) If funding is not used in full in Session One, it rolls over to Session Two. All funding must be used by June 30 of the fiscal year.
- Funding will be allocated on the amount of credits taught per semester to figure the maximum eligible funding for the fiscal year: teaching 1 credit - $250.00; teaching at least 2 credits -$500.00; teaching at least 3 or more credits - $750.00.
- Rose is teaching a 1-credit class in fall semester, and a 2-credit class in spring semester. She is applies for $250 in fall semester and $500 in spring semester. Rose is eligible for $750 in AFPG funding for the fiscal year.
- Joan is teaching a 3-credit class in fall semester, and a 4-credit class in spring semester. She applies for $750 in fall semester and therefore, exhausted funds for the fiscal year. Joan is eligible for $750 in AFPG funding for the fiscal year.
- Mike is teaching a 1-credit class in fall semester and 1-credit class in spring semester. He applies for $250 in fall semester and does not apply in spring. Mike is eligible for $500.00 in AFPG funding for the fiscal year.
The amount of maximum funding provided for individual applicants on a fiscal year basis is determined through the recommendation of the Adjunct Faculty Association, Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction, and approval of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost of Academic and Student Affairs.
Do I have to disclose if I'm receiving funds from another source?
Employees receiving funding from any source other than AFPG (including your college, department, or co-presenter) must submit written verification of the source, related expenses, and dollar amount. There may not be any duplication of funding for activity expenses.
Are adjunct professional growth funds prepaid by Maricopa or reimbursed?
Professional growth funds are available on a reimbursement basis only.
Are adjunct professional growth funds guaranteed to me each year?
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the availability of funds each fiscal year.
I heard that there are many levels of approval for use of professional growth funds. What is the workflow?
- Adjunct Faculty applicant applies online.
- Division/Department Chair receives it online and reviews.
- Campus AFPG Representative receives it online and reviews.
- AFPG Review Committee receives it online and recommends final approval or denial to Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost (EVCP) designee.
- EVCP designee provides approval or denial, based on AFPG Review Committee recommendation.
- College fiscal agent reviews and approves or sends back to the applicant for modifications.
The TA can be sent back for modification or denied at any level of review. The applicant will receive an email with additional information and comments are included in FMS by the reviewer.
How often do the AFPG Review Committee and other approvers review TAs?
Each approver has their own schedule of review ranging from daily to weekly. The AFPG Review Committee meets weekly, on Thursday or Friday, to review the submissions from all colleges. Generally, review continues over the summer break, but does not over winter break.
How do I know if my TA was approved? Can I track the progress?
FMS generates an email to tha applicant once the TA is approved. Progress can be tracked in FMS by viewing the TA. Review the View a Travel Authorization section at the end of the FMS – Travel Authorization document for directions.
What do I do if I'm approved, but can't attend the activity?
Advise your AFPG College Representative and MCLI representative via email as soon as possible, preferably, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the professional growth activity. Failing to notify the respresentatives may affect your eligibility status for future AFPG funding for the fiscal year.
Can I use AFPG funds for travel to an international conference?
No, AFPG funds can't be used for international travel.
Who is on the AFPG Review Committee?
The AFPG Review Committee includes members of the Adjunct Faculty Association Executive Committee and representatives from the Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction.
What happens if I'm approved, but then don't teach the course(s) listed on my application?
If an application is approved, but you do not teach the course as indicated on the application for any reason, including the course being cancelled or the course not making, the activity will not be eligible and will not be funded. All expenses for attending the activity are then your responsibility.
Who are my college and MCLI (DO) AFPG representatives?
The representatives are listed on the Contacts page under Adjunct Faculty Professional Growth.