The Horizon Grants respond to emerging trends and challenges to enhance sustainable teaching and learning practices within MCCCD. Our goal is to inspire creative thinking and the implementation of innovative practices that encourage broader research impacts and student success.
Horizon Grants encourage projects that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Implements an emerging educational technology
- Utilizes an inventive and leading-edge strategy
- Creates an interdisciplinary experience
- Encourages multi-college collaboration
- Addressing equity and access to high-quality learning
Qualifying proposals range from formative ideas that explore learning concepts to fully tested models ready to be adopted and disseminated. Multi-college and multi-discipline proposals are given first preference.