During this time of change, and regardless of roles, students, employees, and community members are leading innovation and entrepreneurship. MCLI highlighted Innovation and Entrepreneurship throughout Maricopa Community Colleges through a three-part webinar series showcasing innovative and entrepreneurial successes during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Leader in You: Change, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The first webinar of the four-part series includes three-minute pitches about:
- The Everyday Entrepreneur by Bruce McHenry, South Mountain Community College
- The Information Technology (IT) Institute by Maria Reyes, Phoenix College
- The Big Pitch by Tom Schuman. GateWay Community College
- Phoenix Forge (Makerspace) by Bruce Balfour, GateWay Community College
- Maricopa Digital Badging by Steven Crawford and Rob Morales. Maricopa Community Colleges
The Leader in You: Diversity, Entrepreneurship, and Inclusion
This webinar took place during Global Entrepreneurship Week and will feature a conversation between Mr. Charles Hamilton III and Dr. Larry Johnson. Through this interview experience, we will hear Mr. Hamilton’s personal story that weaves together the history of the civil rights movement, diversity and inclusion, and entrepreneurship through his journey of discovery and success.
The focus was on how our entrepreneurial mindset can help us work toward any vision including our personal lives, careers, and ideals for positive social change.
Roadmap to the Future: Launching National Entrepreneurship Week 2021
To kick off National Entrepreneurship Week 2021, this webinar was featured nationally on the Thursday before National Entrepreneurship begins. The panel discussion included the CEO of the National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE), Rebecca Corbin, Ed.D., and CoFounders of Operation Startup, Professors Mary Beth Kerly, MBA, and Andrew Gold, Ph.D. of Hillsborough Community College. Special Guest, Student Entrepreneur, Dana Swenson also joined the panel and shared her personal story of innovation, entrepreneurship, and transformation featured in the new book, Impact Ed: How Community College Entrepreneurship Creates Equity and Prosperity. The CoAuthors offer a roadmap to “a future that is unknown but is enriched with opportunity and hope for everyone.”
- Sada, C. and Wilson, C. (2021) From Bold Vision to Meaningful Results: Ensuring a Work-Based Experience for Every Student - Innovatus.
- Sada, C. and Morales, R. (2021, January 29). Together: Taking action toward innovation and entrepreneurship in the Maricopa Center for Learning and Innovation. National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship.
- Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI)
- Phoenix Forge
- Phoenix College Work-Based Experiences
- Green Flag Mesa Business Center-MCCg
- SMCC Community Entrepreneurship Center
- PVCC Entrepreneurship Education Center
- SBDC Arizona / Maricopa
- J Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation at ASU
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE)
- Maricopa as National Center of Practice for Student Engagement (NACCE)