Learning Tools and Strategies for a New Normal
January 11, 2021; 8:30 a.m. - 12:15:p.m.
Virtually via Webex Events
The 2021 Faculty Convocation is intentionally designed to celebrate faculty achievement and to encourage the use of best practices in teaching and learning. The MCLI and Faculty Developers Committee developed this year's program as a forum to discuss the learning tools and strategies we are using to help our students succeed as we adapt to the "new normal."
This year's keynote presentation will be offered by Dr. Saundra Yancy McGuire, a national expert and author on learning strategies. She will also facilitate a follow-up breakout session for those who would like to dive deeper into her presentation.
This event has been approved for 3.25 clock hours of Faculty Professional Growth (FPG).
Faculty Convocation has been approved for 3.25 hours of Faculty Professional Growth (FPG). Residential faculty, to receive 3.25 clock hours towards FPG non-academic advancement you must:
- Join the Webex Event no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Attend this session and at least two breakout sessions. You can view these live or a via the recording within one week.
- You must sign into each Webex session using your full name as it appears in the directory and your college email address.
- Complete the online assessment and evaluation by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 18, 2021.
- And finally, you will need to complete and submit an application for Faculty Professional Growth Non-Academic clock hours within 90 days of the last day of the event.