Rather than soliciting session proposals from the public, the 2012 Arizona Regional Open Educational Resources Conference will offer all registrants the opportunity to have their own virtual space where they can showcase a project, resource, initiative, or idea. Similar to poster sessions, these virtual spaces will include recorded video, and have a space for file sharing and ongoing asynchronous discussion.
Space is limited!
Showcasing YOU! Your IDEAS, PROJECTS, RESOURCES, INITIATIVES and ACHIEVEMENTS! It’s as easy as 1- 2- 3
- Request a Showcase space when you Register
- Make a video of your IDEAS, PROJECTS, RESOURCES, INITIATIVES and ACHIEVEMENTS
- Less than 10 minutes
- In mp4 format
- Submitted by January 19, 2021
- Facilitate discussion about your IDEAS, PROJECTS, RESOURCES, INITIATIVES and ACHIEVEMENTS
- Connect with others who are interested in YOUR IDEAS, PROJECTS, RESOURCES, INITIATIVES and ACHIEVEMENTS
- Throughout the conference
- Via Padlet (we will provide the Padlet wall)
- Add resources! Images! Discussion questions!
I want a Showcase!
- Request a Showcase space when you register. (Showcase spaces are only available for registered participants.)
- Already registered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- your name,
- the name of the Showcase,
- a brief description (less than 75 words) of the Showcase, and
- which of the following topics are applicable to your Showcase.
- Showcase requests must be submitted by January 15, 2021 via registration or via email.
- Only registered participants may request a Showcase.
- Showcase videos must be in mp4 format and submitted by 8:00am MST on January 19, 2021.
Showcase presenters are required to:
- Showcase spaces will not be created for the promotion of commercial products. The conference planning team may reach out to registrants to clarify showcase purposes.
- The planning committee reserves the right to remove any showcase video and/or discussion board that does not meet the Code of Conduct expectations.
All conference participants will be able to visit the virtual presentation spaces and participate in discussions ongoing throughout the event and beyond. Throughout the event, participants will be incentivized to engage in a variety of presentation spaces.
Submit your Showcase Video
To ensure that your Showcase Video and your Discussion board are together, name your video the same as your presentation.
Presentation Title: My Amazing Idea
Video Title: My Amazing Idea
Videos will be uploaded to a conference YouTube playlist, and linked to the Showcase space. The conference playlist will also be linked on the conference website.
Each video showcase will be provided with a Padlet for asynchronous discussion, and you will be expected to monitor and respond to the discussion. You will also be expected to report any possible violations of the conference’s Code of Conduct to email@example.com.
Spotlight & checklist icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com. Showcase topics are adapted from Open Education Week topics (from openeducationweek.org, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License).